Frederick County Local Management Board (LMB)The Local Management Board (LMB) within the Office for Children and Families (OCF) brings together the community and local agencies to address the needs of children, youth, and families. LMB members range from county and community agency representatives, parents, and business leaders.
The Board's key functions are:
- Build local partnerships to coordinate services to eliminate silos and duplication of services
- Assess community strengths, needs and gaps, and create a Community Plan
- Identify priorities and target resources for the community
- Design and implement strategies that achieve results for children, youth, and families
Interested in becoming a member, participating in our meetings, or learning more about us?
Please contact: OCF Email
The LMB consists of 17 voting members. Nine (9) members are required which reflect the agency representatives within the State’s Children’s Cabinet and eight (8) members represent private citizens, County, State, and non-profit agencies.
Required members serving on the board are either senior representatives or department leaders for the following agencies:
- Frederick County Department of Social Services
- Frederick County Public Schools
- Frederick County Department of Juvenile Services
- Frederick County Health Department
- Frederick County Family Partnership
- Frederick City Police
- Frederick County Division of Family Services
- Frederick County Finance
- Local Behavioral Health Authority
Private citizens, County, State, and non-profit agencies representatives are appointed by the County from the following areas, but are not limited to:
- Civic or neighborhood organizations
- Community Agencies
- Early Childhood Education
- General Public
- Law Enforcement
- Parks and Recreation
- Private providers of employment and/or vocational training
- Religious or faith-based representatives
The Local Management Board (LMB) Public meetings are held on the 4th Monday of every other month starting in January at 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
In-Person Meetings: The board will meet in-person at the Department of Social Services located at 1888 N Market St, Frederick, MD 21701.
Virtual Meetings: The board will occasionally meet virtually for additional meetings outside of scheduled meeting dates. These meetings will be streamed live for the public to observe on the Frederick County Boards and Commissions Facebook page, which is available at: https://www.facebook.com/FredCoMdBoards
In order to listen to this meeting toll-free, please dial 855-925-2801, enter code 2651 and select *1.
Confirm meeting dates by emailing the Frederick County Office for Children and Families. Email OCF