Commission For Women
FREDERICK COUNTY COMMISSION FOR WOMEN
Meetings will be held on the last Monday of each month.
At 7PM at Winchester Hall or virtually via Microsoft TEAMS
February 26, 2024 Virtual Meeting
Meetings are open to the public, to confirm meeting dates please email us.
Individuals requiring accommodations for a disability or language translation should contact the Commission for Women at 301-600-1066 or dial 711 for Maryland Relay Services at least three (3) working days prior to the meeting.
Apply to be a part of the Commission For Women, send your resume & letter of interest to email@example.com
About the Commission
The Frederick County Commission For Women (FCCFW) is a non-partisan organization tasked with advising Frederick County government on issues affecting women and families in alignment with our mission and purpose as listed below.
The mission of the FCCFW is "to create a stronger community by addressing challenges and fostering unlimited opportunities For All Women".
The purpose of the FCCFW is:
- To provide a central agency for the collection and referral of activities and services of interest to women.
- To promote a positive image of women by recognizing their accomplishments.
- To advocate for the county's constituency to the legislature, the judiciary, the executive, the media, and the public.
- To identify, study, evaluate, and eradicate, as an advocate, discrimination against all women.
- To develop and implement programs that will expand women's educational and employment opportunities.
- To strengthen home life by directing attention to critical problems confronting women.
- To educate women in the process of seeking leadership roles.
- To encourage women to seek political office, either elective or appointive.
- To recommend such procedures, programs, or legislation as it may deem necessary and proper to promote and ensure equal rights and opportunities for all persons, regardless of their gender.
- To advise and counsel the residents of Frederick County and all government agencies on all matters involving the needs of women and especially those matters relating to discrimination or prejudice on account of gender.
Commission For Women
Office of Equity and Inclusion
401 Sagner Ave.
Frederick, MD 21701
There are Commission, Volunteer and Internship opportunities with the Commission. To express interest, please send email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the email which position you would like to apply.