- Water and Sewer Utilities
- Water and Sewer Utilities
- Accounting & Finance
Accounting & Finance
Payments may be made in person or at our drive-thru window located at 4520 Metropolitan Court. Normal business hours are 8am to 4pm, Monday-Friday, except holidays. For after-hours payments, there is a payment drop box located in the drive-thru lane. Payments may also be made by USPS mail, through online banking or on our payment portal.
For bill payments, please call 866.919.2043. For billing questions, please call 301.600.2354. Phone messages will be returned during normal business hours.
After-hours and weekend water/sewer emergencies should be reported to 301.600.2194.
Pay Water/Sewer Bill Online - Register to view water/sewer bill history & make payments
Other Bill Payment Options
Water & Sewer Bill Estimator
Final Read Procedures
Locating & Correcting Water Leaks
Paperless Billing Application (FILLABLE)
Property Transfer Request
Property Transfer Request (FILLABLE)
Recurring Electronic Funds Transfer (REFT) Application
For more information and to complete the program application, please visit the Office of Home Energy Programs website.
The billing section currently handles approximately 39,000 accounts: 800 water-only accounts, 10,200 sewer-only accounts, and 28,000 water and sewer accounts. The accounts are divided into three regions and are billed on a staggered quarterly cycle.
The sewer-only accounts are currently billed quarterly. The customers having a sewer-only account should be aware that their water service may be provided by an independent municipality (such as the City of Frederick, the Town of Walkersville, or the City of Brunswick) that is not affiliated with the Division of Water and Sewer Utilities and is operated by its own respective billing department. Therefore, questions regarding water services in these areas should be directed to the appropriate municipality.
Pursuant to §2-13-24 of the Public Local Laws, all bills are liens against the property and are subject to inclusion in the County’s annual tax sale.
Water and Sewer Rates:
Current rates through June 30, 2023
FY2023 (as of July 1, 2022) through FY2024
On July 2, 2019, Frederick County approved Ordinance No. 19-03-003, revising the County’s water and sewer service charges as of September 1, 2019, for each fiscal year through FY2024. The Ordinance also establishes the procedure for the yearly adjustment of the water and sewer service charges as of July 1, 2024 and each July 1st thereafter.
View information on the following:
- Capacity Fee Rates
- Water Meter Sales Prices
- Commercial Capacity Fee FAQs
- Reduced Capacity Fees for Properties with LEED Certification for Water Efficiency
- On August 16, 2012, Frederick County approved Resolution #12-14, establishing the rules and policies related to the potential for Reduced Capacity Fees for buildings/properties with LEED certification for water efficiency. The presumption is that these LEED certified buildings should require less capacity than a similar non-LEED certified building and place less of a demand on the county's water and sewer system.
- For building permits issued on or after August 16, 2012, a Notice of Intent is required to be on file prior to the issuance of the building permit. Details of the program may be found in the Frederick County Water and Sewer Rules and Regulations, Section 11.G. Click on LEED Reduced Capacity Fee Agreement to view a sample agreement.
- Capacity Fee Payment Plan Fund (PPF) for Small Businesses
- See Section 11.H. of the Frederick County Water and Sewer Rules and Regulations for additional information,a sample loan agreement and the terms and conditions of the agreement.
- Final Read Procedures
- LEED Reduced Capacity Fee Agreement (FILLABLE)
- Notice of Intent to Obtain LEED Certification
- Paperless Billing Application (FILLABLE)
- Payment Plan Fund (PPF) Loan Agreement for Water and Sewer Capacity Fees (Sample)
- Payment Plan Fund (PPF) Terms and Conditions for Water and Sewer Capacity Fees
- Recurring Electronic Funds Transfer (REFT) Application
- Request for Interim Meter Reading (FILLABLE)
- Request for Service Line Leak Check (FILLABLE)
- Third Party Billing Form (FILLABLE)
February 8, 2017
Notice regarding email and possible mailing from the National League of Cities (NLC) Service Line Warranty Program pertaining to water line service coverage. This mailing is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Frederick County Division of Water and Sewer Utilities. See notice.
October 26, 2012
Notice regarding upcoming mailing from American Water Resources pertaining to water line service coverage. This mailing is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Frederick County Division of Water and Sewer Utilities. See notice of mailing.
January 27, 2010
Notice regarding mailing from Home Service (Home Service USA Repair Management Corporation) regarding water line service coverage. This mailing is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Frederick County Division of Water and Sewer Utilities. See example.
The Office of Accounting and Finance Support currently provides support services to the various departments of the Division of Water and Sewer Utilities for water and sewer activities. The primary responsibilities for this office are:
- Customer Service/Service Billing/Collection
- Capacity Fee Calculation/Collection
- Contract Administration
You may register to view your water/sewer bill history and make payments at our online website. Other payment options for your water/sewer bill are also available.