FREDERICK, Md. – Frederick County’s Community Partnership Grant Program will open to a broader range of local nonprofit organizations, Executive Jessica Fitzwater announced today. The competitive grant program provides funding to nonprofit groups that serve the needs of county residents. The county has expanded the program for the upcoming grant cycle, with new priority funding areas.
“I am excited to open up the Community Partnership Grants process to more nonprofits,” County Executive Fitzwater said. “For the last nine years, the program has provided strategic support for our human service agencies. We are building on that structure so all community groups have the same opportunity to apply for funding and be held accountable to the same standards.”
Grants for the Fiscal Year 2025 cycle will be focused on the following priorities:
- Housing initiatives, including affordable housing and initiatives to help people age in place;
- Addressing Homelessness and housing insecurity;
- Quality of Life initiatives, including support for seniors, youth support and engagement, recreation, and transportation innovation;
- Health and Human Services, such as programs addressing mental health, behavioral health, substance abuse prevention and intervention, and maternal health; and
- Arts and the Creative Economy including organizations expanding access to cultural enrichment and providing community arts and culture programming.
Applications will be accepted from eligible nonprofit organizations, with a limit of one application per organization. There will be one common application for all priority areas. The link to the online application portal will be available Monday, Nov. 27, at FrederickCountyMD.gov/CPG.
The deadline to submit an application is 4 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 5, 2024. Final funding awards will be considered in the county budget process and announced in April 2024, with funding available beginning July 1, 2024. An information session will be held for prospective applicants on Nov. 7, from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the first floor hearing room of Winchester Hall. All returning and new applicants are encouraged to attend to hear program updates and application changes, and to get their questions answered.
To better reflect the diverse priority funding areas and align with other Frederick County Government grant programs, the administration of the program has moved to the Division of Finance through the Office of Procurement and Contracting. For more information, visit FrederickCountyMD.gov/CPG, or email questions to CPG@frederickcountymd.gov.
CONTACT: Janet Fogle
Grants Contract Administrator, 301-600-3194