Frederick County Government Services
Closed in Observation of Christmas & New Year’s Holidays
FREDERICK, Md. – Frederick County government services will be closed Friday, Dec. 23 and Monday, Dec. 26 in observation of the Christmas holiday. Work will resume at its regularly scheduled hours on Tuesday, Dec. 27. Services will also be closed on Monday, Jan. 2 in observation of the New Year’s Day holiday and will return to regularly scheduled hours on Tuesday, Jan 3.
Additional information related to the holiday schedule:
- The Landfill and the Reichs Ford Road Recycling Center: The recycling pickup schedule will run as normal during the holidays. The only holiday closures will be on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. Details: visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycle or use the Recycle Coach app.
- Animal Control and Adoption Center: will be closed Dec. 23-26 and Jan. 1 and 2. Adoptions and Administrative activities will resume on Tuesday, Dec. 27. Details: 301-600-1546 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol. Animal Control Officers will be on duty throughout the Holidays at (301) 600- 1544. For an animal related emergency, phone (301) 600- 1603 at any time.
- Frederick County Public Libraries: will be closed on Friday, Dec 23- Monday, Dec. 26, Sunday, Jan 1, and Monday Jan 2. Virtual resources and services are available 24/7 at www.fcpl.org
- Frederick County Courts and State’s Attorney Office: Maryland Courts and the State’s Attorney’s Office are closed Friday, Dec. 23, Monday, Dec. 26, as well as Monday, Jan. 2.
- Board of Elections: will be closed Dec. 23, Monday, Dec. 26 and Jan 2. Details: 301-600-VOTE (8683) or www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections
- Health Department: will be closed Dec. 23, Dec. 26, and Jan 2. Details: call 301-600-1029 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/healthdept
- Department of Social Services: All offices be closed Dec. 23, Dec. 26, and Jan 2. Details: visit www.dhr.maryland.gov
- TransIT Services On Friday, December 23rd, TransIT will be running on the following schedule: Connectors: Weekday Holiday Schedule, Peak service cancelled; Shuttles: regular schedule; TransIT-plus: service cancelled; Commuter Services: MARC will operate and MDOT MTA Commuter Bus will run on a S schedule. All services will be cancelled on Saturday, December 24th. On Friday, December 30th, TransIT will be running the following schedule: Connectors: Weekday Holiday Schedule, Peak service cancelled; Shuttles: regular schedule; TransIT-plus: regular schedule; Commuter Services: MARC will operate and MDOT MTA Commuter Bus will run on a S schedule. On Saturday, December 31st and Monday, January 2nd, all TransIT services will be cancelled. For more information, please visit the rider bulletin page at www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/transit or call 301-600-2065.
- University of Maryland Extension: Extension Offices will be closed Dec. 25-Jan. 2.
- Call 301-600-9000 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov for further information about Frederick County government public services, FCG TV (cable channels 19 and 1085, including live and rebroadcast programming), county meetings on webcasting (www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/FCGTV), department listings and other issues of interest to citizens.