Frederick County Government Offices
Closed on Memorial Day
FREDERICK, MD – Frederick County Government offices will be closed on Monday, May 30, for the Memorial Day holiday. County offices and services will return to regularly scheduled hours on Tuesday, May 31.
Clarifications to the holiday schedule:
- Animal Control: Administrative office will be closed and kennels will be closed for adoptions. For emergency situations, call 301-600-1603 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol.
- Board of Elections: will be closed. Details: Visit FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections or call 301-600-VOTE
- Department of Social Services will be closed. Details: call 1-800-332-6347 or visit www.dhs.maryland.gov.
- Landfill, Administrative Offices, and the Reichs Ford Road Recycling Center: will be closed. There will be no curbside recycling pick-up and all recycling collections will shift one day later than usual for the remainder of the week. Details: call 301-600-2960 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycle.
- Health Department: All offices will be closed. Details: call 301-600-1029 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/healthdept.
- Frederick County Public Libraries: will be closed on Sunday, May 29, and Monday, May 30. Curbside pickup and telephone reference will not be available during this time. Call for Details: 301-600-1630 or visit www.fcpl.org
- Frederick County Courts and State’s Attorney’s Office: District and Circuit Courts will be closed.
- TransIT: The TransIT office will be closed and all TransIT services will be canceled for the Memorial Day Holiday. MARC Train and the 204, 505, and 515 Commuter Bus services will be canceled. Details: call 301-600-2065 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/TransIT.
- Call 301-600-9000 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov for further information about Frederick County Government public services, FCG TV (cable channels 19 and 1085, including live and rebroadcast programming), county meetings on webcasting (http://www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/FCGTV), department listings and other issues of interest to citizens.