FREDERICK, MD – Frederick County Government offices will be closed on Monday, July 5, in observance of the Independence Day holiday. Services will resume at their regularly scheduled times on Tuesday, July 6.
Additional information regarding the holiday schedule:
- Animal Control remains closed to the public. For emergency situations, call 301-600-1603 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol.
- Board of Elections remains closed to the public. Details: call 301-600-VOTE or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections.
- Department of Social Services remains closed to the public. Details: call 1-800-332-6347 or visit www.dhs.maryland.gov.
- Health Department will be closed Monday, July 5. Details: Visit Health.FrederickCountyMD.gov or call 301-600-1029.
- The Reichs Ford Road Landfill and Recycling Center will be closed on Saturday, July 3. Facilities will reopen on Monday, July 5, but, the administrative office/call center will be closed that day. Residential recycling will be collected on the regular schedule, with no holiday adjustment. For more information, visit FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycle.
- Libraries: Frederick County Public Libraries will be closed to the public. Curbside pickup and telephone reference will not be available on Monday. Details: call 301-600-1630 or visit www.fcpl.org
- TransIT: On Monday, July 5, the TransIT office will be closed and there will be no TransIT Plus services, Connector or Shuttles services in observance of the Independence Day holiday. MARC Train and the 204, 505 and 515 Commuter Bus service will be also canceled. Details: call 301-600-2065 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/TransIT.