FREDERICK, MD – Frederick County Government services will not be available on Monday, May 31, for the Memorial Day holiday. While offices remain closed to the public, essential services will return to regularly scheduled hours on Tuesday, June 1.
Clarifications to the holiday schedule:
- Animal Control remains closed to the public. For emergency situations, call 301-600-1603 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol.
- Board of Elections remains closed to the public. Details: visit FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections or call 301-600-VOTE
- Department of Social Services remains closed to the public. Details: call 1-800-332-6347 or visit www.dhs.maryland.gov.
- Landfill, Administrative Offices and the Reichs Ford Road Recycling Center will be closed. There will be no curbside recycling pick-up and all recycling collections will shift one day later than usual for the remainder of the week. Details: call 301-600-2960 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycle.
- Health Department All offices will be closed. Details: call 301-600-1029 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/healthdept.
- Frederick County Public Libraries: remain closed to the public. Curbside pickup and telephone reference will not be available on Monday. Call for Details: 301-600-1630 or visit www.fcpl.org
- TransIT: The TransIT office will be closed and all TransIT services will be cancelled for the Labor Day Holiday. MARC Train and the 204, 505 and 515 Commuter Bus service will be cancelled. Details: call 301-600-2065 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/TransIT.
- Call 301-600-9000 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov for further information about Frederick County Government public services, FCG TV (cable channels 19 and 1085, including live and rebroadcast programming), county meetings on webcasting (http://www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/FCGTV), department listings and other issues of interest to citizens.