FREDERICK, MD – Frederick County Government services will not be available on Monday, May 25, for the Memorial Day holiday. While offices remain closed to the public, essential services will return to regularly scheduled hours on Tuesday, May 26.
Clarifications to the holiday schedule:
- Animal Control remains closed to the public. For emergency situations, call 301-600-1603 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol.
- Board of Elections remains closed to the public. The ballot drop box at the Board of Elections is open. Details: call 301-600-VOTE or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections
- Department of Social Services remains closed to the public. Details: call 301-600-4555 or visit www.dhs.maryland.gov.
- Landfill, Administrative Offices and the Reichs Ford Road Recycling Center will be closed. There will be no curbside recycling pick-up and all recycling collections will shift one day later than usual for the remainder of the week. Details: call 301-600-2960 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycling.
- Health Department Remains closed to the public (all divisions and programs). Contract tracing will continue. Details: Call 301-600-1029 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/healthdept.
- Libraries: Frederick County Public Libraries remain closed to the public until further notice. Details: call 301-600-1630 or visit www.fcpl.org.
- TransIT: No services will be in operation and the TransIT office will be closed. There also will be no MARC train service and no Commuter Bus service. Details: call 301-600-2065 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/TransIT.
For additional information about Frederick County Government public services, call 301-600-9000 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov.