Medicare & State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)
October 15-December 7, 2023
Is your current Medicare Part D Plan the best one for you?
Do you have questions about your Medicare Part D Plan?
Do you need help finding a new Medicare Part D Plan?
We can help you conduct your annual drug plan review.
- State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)
- Medicare & Medigap Workshops
- Contact Us
- Helpful Websites
The Frederick County State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) offers confidential, face-to-face counseling assistance for people who have Medicare. Trained staff members are available to help Medicare beneficiaries, family members and caregivers understand Medicare benefits, bills, and Medicare rights.
Included in the SHIP program:
- Assistance in filing Medicare appeals and help with billing problems
- Help in understanding and applying for Medicare benefits
- Medicare D counseling
- Medicare education
Counselors provide in person and telephone assistance with:
- Assistance with denials, appeals, and grievances
- Community presentations
- Long-term care insurance
- Medicare advantage plans (HMOs)
Division of Aging and Independence
1440 Taney Avenue
Frederick, MD 21702
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Medicare.gov (The Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services - Information
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services - Nursing Home Compare Surveys
- Department of Social Services (DSS)
- Frederick County's Prescription Discount Program
- Maryland Insurance Administration
- Maryland: MyDHR (Use myDHR to apply for benefits and services online)
- Social Security Administration