Donate Excess Food!
Donating wholesome food for human consumption diverts food waste from landfills AND puts food on the table for families in need.
If you have extra food, please consider The Frederick Rescue Mission, which gratefully accepts donations of canned goods, fresh produce, frozen meats, already-prepared meals or courses, fresh baked goods, condiments, cooking ingredients, and more. The Rescue Mission’s 419 West South Street Food Resources Center in Frederick serves an average of 300 people every day through warm meals for breakfast and lunch, bread, fresh produce, and frozen meats in their Frederick Food Distribution Center. For questions about donating food items please call 301-695-6633 ext. 216 or email email@example.com.
Here is a list of other local organizations that accept food donations:
- Asian American Center of Frederick
- Phone: 301-694-3355
- Address: 1306 W Patrick St, Suite 5A, Frederick, MD 21703
- Website: https://aacfmd.org/how-we-help/
- Community Action Agency
- Address: 14 East All Saints Street Frederick, MD 21701
- Phone: 301-600-1506
- Website: https://www.cityoffrederick.com/462/Food-Bank-Program
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/frederickcommunityaction
- Emmitsburg Food Bank
- Address: 130 S. Seton Avenue Emmitsburg, MD 21727 (use rear entrance)
- Phone: 717-642-6963
- Website: http://www.emmitsburgmd.gov/community_outreach/foodbank.php
- Glade Valley Food Bank
- Address: 21 West Frederick Street Walkersville, MD 21793 (Town Hall)
- Phone: 301-845-4229
- Website: http://gladevalley.org/services/food-bank
- Knoxville Food Bank
- Address: Mt. Zion AME Church 202 Jefferson Pike Knoxville, MD 21758
- Phone: 301-834-7221
- Must call to find out hours. The hours vary and change frequently.
- Middletown Food Bank
- Address: 301 West Main Street Middletown, MD 21769
- Phone: 301-371-3182
- Website: http://www.middletownvalleyfoodbank.com/location-hours-andmission.html
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Church Food Bank (Jefferson)
- Address: Parish House 3866 Jefferson Pike Jefferson, MD 21755
- Phone: 301-473-8626 and 301-371-5721
- Website: https://www.stpauljeff.com/Food-Bank
- Thurmont Food Bank
- Address: 10 Frederick Road Thurmont, MD 21788
- Phone: 301-271-4554 and 240-288-1865 (only when open)
- Website: http://www.thurmontfoodbank.com/
• Feeding America provides the Find Your Local Food Bank tool to locate food programs by state or zip code.
• Ample Harvest is a nationwide effort to educate, enable, and encourage gardeners to donate extra produce to local food pantries. Use their Find a Pantry tool.
• The Homeless Shelter Directory is a crowdsourced listing for people who want to find and donate food and/or supplies to a local shelter.
Be kind and conserve our community's resources!