Solid Waste and Recycling
- Access transfer station through "Entrance Drive" (2nd right, coming from Frederick)
- Transfer station hours are 7 AM-4:30 PM Monday-Saturday
- Follow all safety signs and directions when using this facility
- Loads must be secured, per state law. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Frederick County offers both curbside recycling and access to the county's recycling center at our Reich's Ford Road facility for all Frederick County Residents.
- The Recycling Center can be accessed Monday- Saturday, 7 AM -4:30 PM.
- Foam, Cooking and Motor Oil, Antifreeze, lead acid batteries, scrap metal, appliance, and rigid plastics are accepted at no cost.
- Access center from "Recycle Road" entrance (1st right when driving from Frederick) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Allows Frederick County residents and businesses to dispose of yard waste created in Frederick County at no cost.
- Yard waste drop off and purchasing of compost is available Monday-Saturday 7:00 AM- 4:30 PM and can be accessed by Entrance Road (2nd Right coming from Frederick)
- Follow all signs and instructions
- All loads must be covered @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The Division of Solid Waste and Recycling is responsible for multiple essential services and programs in Frederick County that affect all households and businesses. This does not include trash collection services, which are provided by municipalities or private haulers and contracted by municipal governments, homeowner's associations, or individual residents. Other responsibilities include: