Volunteer & Internship Opportunities
Become a Family Partnership Volunteer!
Family Partnership volunteers are invaluable to the services we provide for families and youth, and there are many ways you can help! Most of our volunteers work directly with those we serve, while others assist with administrative duties or help with special events.
- Family Programs - Volunteers assist with planning and implementing family programs, health education, and parent support activities. Social work interns will conduct intakes, update family action plans, and provide service coordination with participants.
- Child Development - Volunteers assists with planning and implementing developmentally appropriate care and learning activities for infants and toddlers between 6 weeks and three years of age.
- Education - Volunteers will assist with Adult Education and contextual learning activities, tutoring, etc.
- Admin/Office Management - Volunteers will assist with administrative responsibilities, special projects, and provide and clerical support to FP staff.
Internships are offered year-round by semester (as determined by the school) for college students majoring in disciplines such as Social Work, Education, Early Childhood Education, Nutrition, Health, Business, and Administration. Internships are non-paid positions.
- Must be over the age of 18
- Commit to a minimum of 40 volunteer hours
- Be available weekdays between 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Have reliable transportation
- Have good communication and organizational skills
- Willing to learn and work as a team player
- Background check will be required for all volunteers and interns
Read our Volunteer Manual to learn more about volunteer service at Family Partnership.
If you have questions, please email Sara Fallati, Administrative Coordinator, or call 301-600-2771.