FREDERICK, MD – Frederick County Government offices will be closed on Friday, July 3, in observance of the Independence Day holiday. Services will resume at their regularly scheduled times on Monday, July 6.
Additional information regarding the holiday schedule:
- Animal Control remains closed to the public. For emergency situations, call 301-600-1603 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/animalcontrol.
- Board of Elections remains closed to the public. Details: call 301-600-VOTE or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/elections.
- Department of Social Services remains closed to the public. Details: call 301-600-4555 or visit www.dhs.maryland.gov.
- Health Department will be closed. Details: Visit Health.FrederickCountyMD.gov or call 301-600-1029.
- Landfill and the Reichs Ford Road Recycling Center will be open on July 3. Administrative offices will be closed, and there will be no curbside recycling pickup. The landfill and recycling center will be closed on Saturday, July 4. All facilities and collections will resume on Monday, July 6. Details: call 301-600-2960 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/recycling.
- Libraries: Frederick County Public Libraries remain closed to the public. Curbside pickup and telephone reference will not be available on Friday and Saturday. Details: call 301-600-1630 or visit www.fcpl.org.
- TransIT: The TransIT office will be closed and there will be no TransIT Plus services on Friday, July 3. Connectors will run with no peak services. All shuttles will run. MARC Train and the 204, 505 and 515 Commuter Bus service will be canceled. On Saturday, July 4, all TransIT services will be canceled for the Independence Day holiday. Details: call 301-600-2065 or visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/TransIT.