Transit Services of Frederick County is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of its transportation services on the basis of race, color or national origin, as protected by Title VI in the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Circular 4702.1B.
Any individual, group of individuals or entity that believes they have been subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin may file a written complaint with the Title VI Manager.
The complaint is to be filed in the following manner:
- A formal complaint must be filed within 180 calendar days of the alleged occurrence.
- The complaint should include:
- the complainant’s name, address, and contact information (i.e., telephone number, email address, etc.)
- the date(s) of the alleged act of discrimination (if multiple days, include the date when the complainant(s) became aware of the alleged discrimination and the date on which the alleged discrimination was discontinued or the latest instance)
- a description of the alleged act of discrimination
- the location(s) of the alleged act of discrimination (include vehicle number if appropriate)
- an explanation of why the complainant believes the act to have been discriminatory on the basis of race, color, and national origin
- if known, the names and/or job titles of those individuals perceived as parties in the incident
- contact information for any witnesses
- indication of any related complaint activity, for instance if it was submitted to FTA or MTA
- The complaint shall be submitted to the Title VI Manager at 1040 Rocky Springs Road, Frederick, MD 21702 and or rsteichen@FrederickCountyMD.gov. Written complaint forms can be found in English and Spanish.
- In the case where a complainant is unable or incapable of providing a written statement, a verbal complaint of discrimination may be made to the Title VI Manager.