White House Coronavirus Task Force: Keeping Workplaces, Homes, Schools, or Commercial Establishments Safe
• Adult Detention Center has suspended visitor access
• Animal Control – The shelter remains closed to the public. Essential and emergency services are available by appointment only. Call 301-600-1546.
• Boards and commission meetings are canceled until further notice.
• Citizens Care and Rehabilitation Center and Montevue Assisted Living – non-essential visits are no longer permitted.
• Citizens Services Division and the Department of Housing and Community Development appointments are being handled by e-mail and phone. The Family Partnership and the Scott Key Center will remain closed.
• Courts - Maryland state courts extend court closures through May 1, continue to hear emergency court matters amid COVID-19 - Restricted Operations Update
o Health Department remains closed to the public. Essential services needed for the immediate protection of public health will continue. Visit https://health.frederickcountymd.gov for more information.
• Solid Waste Management Department - Facilities Restricted to Essential Use ONLY: Effective Wednesday, April 1, 2020 the facilities at 9031 Reichs Ford Road in Frederick, will be closed for all nonessential transactions. This action is being taken due to the State of Emergency and in compliance with the Governor’s Executive Order #20-03-30-01. Details
• Parks and Recreation programs are canceled, and park buildings, including nature centers, the Ballenger Creek Community Center and the Browning Building at Pinecliff Park, are closed to the public. Parks remain open, however, all playgrounds and restrooms remain closed and water fountains have been turned off. Spring recreation programming, park shelter and building reservations and all other special programs are canceled until June 1. Visit www.Receater.com for new online activities and programs.
• Permitting and the Treasurer’s Office remain open to pay taxes and water and sewer bills. Residents are encouraged to pay online. Inspection services continue with some modifications.
• Public Libraries remain closed. Visit www.fcpl.org for wide array of digital resources for all ages.
• Public Works offices are closed to the public.
• Senior centers remain closed. Meals on Wheels continue to be delivered to participants in a modified manner. Visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/seniorservices for information on online resources or call 301-600-1234.
• TransIT Services has reduced all services. TransIT-plus will continue providing pre-scheduled trips. For more information visit www.FrederickCountyMD.gov/transit or call 301-600- 2065.
Frederick County Health Department (Lead Agency in Frederick County)
Frederick Community College: For the rest of the Spring semester to May 20, 2020, instruction and College services will be delivered remotely. Students and non-essential personnel should not be on the main campus or the Monroe Center. Students and employees should monitor their College e-mail and the FCC COVID-19 webpage. If you have questions, email email@example.com or call 301-846-2469.