The Hamilton Willard Shafer Farm House is located in Burkittsville, Maryland and is a federally recognized 501(c)3 developed for the preservation of the Town of Burkittsville. The farm was headquarters to the Union during the Civil War Battle of South Mountain in 1862 but has recently seen a variety of destruction from weather and other inhabitants occupying the space illegally. The goal of the preservation is to revitalize the house to become a tourist attraction.
Unfortunately, graffiti covers most of the second floor rooms and hallways.
Council Member Donald with Keith
Graffiti on the walls leading up to the second story. Bathroom across the hallway.
House attic which has been used as a shelter for squatters