RouteShout, the automatic vehicle location system for TransIT Connectors, allows riders to locate their bus, see how long until the next bus arrives, and set system wide and route alerts if a Connector is running late. TransIT riders who do not have a smartphone are able to receive real time bus arrival updates to their phone by texting the unique stop ID, located on each Connector bus stop sign, to 25252. Unsure which bus stop is closest to your location? Select the "Locate Me" option for a full list of stops nearby. RouteShout will ease your TransIT commute and is simple to use:
Simple App Instructions:
1. Download on your Apple or Androidsmart phone and open the app. 2. Select one of three options on the RouteShout home screen.
Where's My Bus? For the next arrival time at your stop.
Schedule for a list of scheduled stop times by route.
Locate Me to find nearby bus stops at your current location.
3. If you've selected "Where's My Bus?" click on the Connector route you plan to board. 4. Select your bus stop. Stops are listed in alphabetical order. 5. Zoom in on the map to see where your bus currently is. Scroll down the page to see how many minutes until your bus arrives at your selected stop.
For Text Alerts:
Enter 25252 in the "to".
Type in the STOP ID located on the bus stop sign into the message body.
A response will be generated with the next arrival time at that stop.
Use TransIT ezFARE, the mobile ticketing app, to purchase bus passes with your smart phone, including the new one-day pass. ezFARE gives you trip planning tools, access to TransIT's Twitter page and the same great ticketing options. It is safe, secure and easy to use! Plus, you can explore Frederick all day for only $4.00 with the mobile app-only one-day pass! Using TransIT ezFARE is simple:
1. Download on your Apple or Android smart phone.
2. Buy passes by clicking the "Buy" icon.
3. Select the ticket you wish to purchase and adjust the quantity
4. Enter Payment info
5. Click the "Use your Passes" icon to see your tickets
6. Activate a ticket immediately prior to boarding by clicking "Activate" beside the ticket
7. Show the driver your active ticket. They can approve it by using the live camera on the ticket!
8. Ride on!