Upcoming Office Closure
The Liquor Board office will be closing at 1:00pm on December 15, 2023, due to our holiday gathering and on December 22, 2023, the office will also be closing at 1:00pm to start our holiday break.
The Liquor Board office will be closed on Monday December 25, and Tuesday, December 26, 2023.
On December 27, 2023, through December 29, 2023, our office will be closed to the public. Staff will only be available by phone 301-600-2984 and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2024 Legislative Request
On November 13, 2023, the Frederick County Liquor Board hosted the first ever Alcohol Day. This event was a chance for the Board to present the 2024 legislative packet to the Delegation and the public in an open setting and afforded the time to have interested parties weigh in. Feedback was collected from members of the Frederick County Delegation, Maryland Alcohol Tobacco Cannabis Commission staff, and Frederick County Alcohol Beverage Licensees.
Virtual Alcohol Awareness Classes
Great news, Frederick County Liquor Board has now been approved to bring back virtual alcohol awareness classes. They will be offered on a limited basis.
DECEMBER DATES FOR Alcohol Awareness classes offered OFF SITE.
- FREDERICK EAGLES- SATRUDAY DECEMBER 9TH at 9am- 207 W. Patrick St, Frederick, MD 21701. PLEASE PARK IN THE BACK OF THE BUILDING IN THE ALLEY ON ABRECHT PLACE.
- IL FORNO- SATURDAY DECEMBER 16TH at 9am- 1035 W. Patrick St, Frederick.
JANUARY DATES FOR Alcohol Awareness classes offered OFF SITE.
- SPRINGHILL SUITES- SATRUDAY JANUARY 6TH at 9am- 111 Byte drive, Frederick
- ***NEW CLASS PARTICIPANT FEE STARTING JANUARY 2024 IS $50.00 PER PERSON***
If you wish to register for one of the above classes EMAIL or CALL THE OFFICE AT 301-600-2984. THERE IS NO ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR THESE CLASSES.
VIRTUAL ALCOHOL AWARENESS CLASS AVAILABLE
- Tuesday, January 23, 2024, at 8:30am.
- There are strict guidelines for virtual classes, please see below.
- You must sign on 15 minutes early to ensure there are no technical difficulties.
- You MUST always be seen on the screen; THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY.
- you MUST use a computer to sign in so that the screen stays open during testing.
- If you must use a cell phone and are in a group setting, if the proctor can see the students on the one screen main screen, then you can use the cell phone. (Example a person sets up one laptop that views the room of participants to take the class, but the test is taken on each person’s cell phone)
- Cell phones typically cut off the screen during testing. THIS CANNOT OCCUR – IF SO, THE TEST IS DISQUALIFIED.
- Each participant must have their own valid email address to join this class.
- Each person will receive an email invitation to attend the class ONCE THE CLASS FEE IS PAID. ($40.00 PER PARTICPANT)
- You must complete the form with a valid mailing address as this is the way you will receive your certificate. We will send an electronic copy within 24 hours of taking the class, but the actual hard copy will be mailed.
Please click HERE to register for the virtual class.
Alcohol Awareness for Special "One-Day" Licenses and Promoters Permits
Each Licensed event shall have 100% employees/volunteers serving or selling alcohol complete an Alcohol Awareness training program.
ALCOHOL AWARENESS CHANGES - Full-Time Licenses
All licensed establishments must have 50% of ON DUTY employees that are SELLING or SERVING alcohol, Alcohol Awareness trained.
2023 Hearing Information
Regular hearings of the Liquor Board will be held at 8:30am on the second Monday of each month except on holidays. Click here to join the meeting on your computer or mobile app. or call 667-217-6643 ID # 222 042 890 454#. Please see the schedule for 2023 below. Please note, there will not be a hearing in December.
2023 Hearing Dates
HERE.Agendas are posted two weeks prior to a hearing. Agendas, Minutes, and Hearing Recordings can be found by clicking
2024 Hearing Information
Regular hearings of the Liquor Board will be held at 8:30am on the second Monday of each month. Please note the November hearing date has been adjusted due to Veteran's Day. There will be an additional hearing date in November as there as is no hearing scheduled for December. Click here to join the meeting on your computer or mobile app. or call 667-217-6643 ID# 625 019 677#. Please see the schedule for 2024 below.
|2024 Hearing Dates|
|January 8||February 12|
|March 11||April 8|
|May 13||June 10|
|July 8||August 12|
|September 9||October 14|
|November 4||November 25|
Additional Hearing (April 29, 2024)
The Board will be holding a hearing on Monday April 29, 2024, at 8:30am should any renewal issues arise that need require the Board's attention. If there are no issues, this meeting will be cancelled. Click here to join the meeting on your computer or mobile app. or call 677-217-6643 ID# 273 305 743#.